Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hangover Breakfast Cure No. 2


It took me a while to face food this morning but when I did, I was craving two things, chorizo and baked beans. Ordinarily I would make my own baked beans, but due to my pounding headache, I used a can. Nothing wrong with that. Right? And you know what they say, if you are craving something, it means your body needs it…

Last week I had made Bill Grangers garlic Spanish style mushrooms which was great so today I tarted them up with some chorizo, and I have to say, it was just what I needed!

Basically, I fried some chorizo slices for about 5 minutes till crisp. I removed them from the pan, added some small button mushrooms (whole) and fried until golden (2-3 min). I then removed those from the pan, and fried a clove of finely chopped garlic and a chopped birds eye chilli until golden. The mushrooms and chorizo were returned to the pan and mixed until the garlic mixture coated the mushrooms. A big handful of finely chopped parsley was added to finish the dish. Yum! Served with toast, poached eggs and baked beans on the deck in the sun.

No comments: